The Ballet Theatre of Ashburn is a local non-profit organization dedicated to serving both young and old in Loudoun County. We work closely with the Ashburn Academy of Dance to expand the opportunities for young people to dance as well as provide many valuable community outreach performances at retirement centers and nursing homes. The Ballet Theatre of Ashburn sponsors the “Nutcracker” performances and contributes to the June performances that are done in conjunction with the Ashburn Academy of Dance.
All company members in BTA III must be enrolled in a Pre-Professional Ballet Program. All company members in BTA I & II must be enrolled in a Pre-Professional Ballet Program as well as one Jazz or Lyrical class.
- Ballet Theatre of Ashburn I (BTA I) is for the PP levels 7-10 Tuesdays 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Ballet Theatre of Ashburn II (BTA II) is for the PP levels 3-6 Thursdays 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Ballet Theatre of Ashburn III (BTA III) is for the PP levels 1-2 Wednesdays 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
* Regular attendance of rehearsals is mandatory. If a dancer misses more that 1 rehearsal in an 8 week period they may no longer be able to participate in Ballet Theatre of Ashburn.
* ALL COMPANY members must attend one week of the Summer Intensives at AAD or attend 25 hours of approved summer dance instruction.
The tuition fees for participating in the Ballet Theatre of Ashburn I is $105/month for an hour and half rehearsal weekly and BTA II and III are $70/month for a one hour rehearsal weekly (10 payments paid September- June). These fees are due by the first of each month and will be charged separately from your studio tuition. Please fill out a separate auto pay form for Ballet Theatre of Ashburn when registering for BTA Levels I, II, or III.
$175 DUE BY OCTOBER 1, 2019. This fee includes two costumes for the June Performances and Nutcracker costume rental fees. The costume rental fee goes towards the maintenance of these costumes and replacement of costumes as needed.
The following performance requirements are required for ALL company members ages 8+.
1. Nutcracker Community performances: December 7
10:00 am, arrive by 9:30 am Sunrise (BTA I)
1:30 pm, arrive by 1:00 pm Herritage Hall (BTA I, II, & III)
2. “The Nutcracker” performance at Dominion High School Saturday, December 21. Dress rehearsal Friday, December 20.
3. BTA I & II only: Gala performance at Franklin Park- Dress Rehearsal Thursday, February 20 and Performance Saturday, February 22 at 7:00pm
4. This year, BTA I will have the opportunity to participate in an optional performance at the Tree Lighting Ceremony at One Loudoun. Performance time TBD, please arrive by 4:30 pm.
5. Additional choreography will be taught during scheduled BTA rehearsals and performed in the school’s June 2020 performances.