The Ballet Theatre of Ashburn is a local non-profit organization dedicated to serving both young and old in Loudoun County. We work closely with the Ashburn Academy of Dance to expand the opportunities for young people to dance as well as provide many valuable community outreach performances at retirement centers and nursing homes. The Ballet Theatre of Ashburn sponsors the “Nutcracker” performances and contributes to the June performances that are done in conjunction with the Ashburn Academy of Dance.
All company members in BTA III must be enrolled in a Pre-Professional Ballet Program. All company members in BTA I & II must be enrolled in a Pre-Professional Ballet Program as well as one Jazz or Contemporary class.
- Ballet Theatre of Ashburn I (BTA I) is for the PP levels 6-10 Tuesdays 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Ballet Theatre of Ashburn II (BTA II) is for the PP levels 3-5 Thursdays 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Ballet Theatre of Ashburn III (BTA III) is for the PP levels 1-2 Mondays 5:15 p.m. –6:00 p.m.
- Dancers must take PP Ballet and Contemporary or Jazz classes and 2 weeks of Summer Intensives.
- One parent of each dancer must sign up to volunteer at the June recital and in December for The Nutcracker.
- Dancers must meet attendance requirements in PP Ballet, Jazz, and/or Contemporary for the 2023/2024 dance season (Maintain an 75% attendance rate per month for all technique classes).
- September 11: Fall Classes Begin & BTA Secret Buddies begin
- December 2: One Loudoun Tree Lighting (BTA I only)
- December 9 : Sugar Plum Party (BTA I – Mandatory, BTA II- Optional)
- December 15 : Nutcracker Dress Rehearsal (Dominion High School) All BTA
- December 16: Nutcracker Performances (Dominion High School) All BTA Levels
- February 22 : Franklin Park Dress Rehearsal, (BTA I & II)
- February 24: Franklin Park Performance, (BTA I & II)
- June 20: Rehearsals: Location Briar Woods High School
- June 22: Ballet Recital
Costume fees – Due October 1, 2023
- $275 -BTA families only (2 costumes/$100 costume, $15 Nutcracker rental fee, digital recording of both shows, banquet fee of 1 ticket for dancer. ) Banquet is on 5/31/2024.
- $245 – for Edge families who have already paid their banquet fee.
- $100 will be charged for any costumes lost or not returned by January 9th.
BTA Monthly Tuition -September 1, 2023 – June 1, 2024
*$10 discount to dancers in Edge AND BTA*
- BTA I (1.5 hour rehearsal) : $125/month. Levels PP 6/7,8/9,10.
- BTA II (1 hour rehearsal): $100/month. Levels PP 3,4,5.
- BTA III (45 minute rehearsal): $70/month. Levels PP 1 & 2.
Ballet Theatre of Ashburn Company members are expected to attend both weeks of the Ashburn Academy of Dance Summer Intensives. These are typically held the first two weeks in August.