The award winning Edge Performance Company offers dancers an opportunity to hone their craft through expression, artistry, and technique while focusing on fun and teamwork.
What we expect from our company members and company parents:
We create a balanced class, rehearsal, and performance schedule to ensure that our dancers are progressing and growing at an age-appropriate level. We value our community atmosphere and encourage each dancer and family’s support of contributions of the individual dancer to both themselves as an artist, as well as to the team.
- Meet their attendance requirements by being present at rehearsals and performances
- Maintain excellent attendance in technique classes, making up missed classes when necessary
- Display proper sportsmanship at the studio, studio related events, competitions, and performance venues
Dancers and Parents must…
- Support Edge Company, Ashburn Academy of Dance, and faculty at all times
- Follow instructions from faculty and be respectful of decisions made at the Director’s discretion.
Auditions are held each June for the following year’s Edge Company. Interested dancers must register for the auditions and attend. Auditioning students should wear form fitting clothing with hair pulled back from the face. Both technical and artistic ability will be assessed and taken into account when placing students on a team.
During the school year dance season from September to June, dancers must meet rigorous class, rehearsal, competition and performance requirements as outlined in their contracts. Students and parents must return a signed contract to participate. Technique classes include pre-professional ballet, company level jazz, and company level contemporary. Additional classes, such as tap and hip hop, are encouraged but not required.
Edge Company Dancers are expected to attend both weeks of the Ashburn Academy of Dance Summer Intensives. These are typically held the first two weeks in August.